Renaissance Public Academy
Renaissance Public Academy is a small rural school of choice which strongly emphasizes “The Core Knowledge Foundation” and a Classical Education model. A fully accredited, tuition-free public charter school, we are neither a traditional public school nor an alternative school.
An Option and An Opportunity
The most successful student at RPA is a serious student. He/she demonstrates personal growth and character development in becoming good stewards of their education. Smart Internships and College Credit courses are available. MRSD maintains the special education program on campus for RPA 504 and I.E.P. students.
We Learn. We Grow. We Will Succeed.
Currently serving grades 4-12, Renaissance Public Academy is an accredited public, tuition-free charter school. We believe that a student who studies at RPA will receive a “Classical education for the modern world,” and bring a trained mind and character to whatever path he/she chooses.
RPA was founded by a group of Molalla area parents as an Oregon charter school in 2010. The purpose of the school is to provide an opportunity for interested students to seek a classical education, with an emphasis on character development.
Our comprehensive curriculum offers an emphasis on Core Knowledge principles for elementary and middle school students and adds an emphasis on classic literature, history, Latin, math and science for high school students.
Located in (and hosted by) Molalla River School District, we serve North Marion and South Clackamas counties. As a charter school, enrollment is not limited to the boundaries of the school district. In addition to students within Molalla River School District, enrollment has included families from Canby, Woodburn, Hubbard, Aurora, Salem, Keizer, Silverton, Mt. Angel, Scotts Mills, Estacada, Oregon City, Gladstone, and Wilsonville. Bus Schedules available here.
Mark these dates on your calendar
Friday 10/28 Friday School
Friday 10/28 Family Masquerade Ball, 6:00-9:00pm
Monday 10/31 Spirit Week Begins (see note below)
Tuesday 11/01 Spirit Week Pajama Day
Wednesday 11/02 Favorite character day (historical, fictional, animated)
Thursday 11/03 Class Color Day
Wednesday 11/23 The Wednesday before Thanksgiving, there is NO school this day!
• Parents-we need your help. Please consider volunteering your time and talent here at the school. There is a place and need for whatever you may have to offer.
• Masquerade Ball- Please help support this fun family event. Volunteers are needed! Contact Angie at email@example.com, she could use your help!
• Cell Phone Policy- Please discourage your students from using cell phones at school. Teachers may allow students to use them in their specific classroom to listen to music. The office phone is always available if a student needs to contact parents. No student should be taking photos and/or video of other students.
• Attendance- Please call or email the school by 8am when your student is going to be absent. It is state law that if a student is marked absent and a parent doesn’t notify us, we have to call the parent. So, in order to avoid those annoying and pesky phone calls please call or email to let us know about absences. 503-759-7002, firstname.lastname@example.org
• 4th Grade Donation- Dr. Neal still needs donations of plaster and plywood. He is combining his studies of Robinson Crusoe with geography and land formations. Please contact him at email@example.com with any questions.
The RPA Board is looking for new members who have the time and dedication to help make RPA a success.…
We love our parent volunteers! To be able to attend field trips and be in classrooms you must have a…
SCHOOL SUPPLY LISTS 4th-6th Grades 7th-12th Grades Calendar for 2016-2017 Hot lunch for everyone on the first day! Spirit dress day…
If you’re interested in learning more about RPA and would like to have a tour and/or visit – or observe a classroom, please contact the office at 503-759-7002.
Volunteers are an integral part of any school’s routine, sometimes even more so with Charter Schools. We encourage visits to our “Volunteer” page to learn what is required, and information that will be helpful to our partnering with you and others toward a most successful year for RPA.
Enrollment made easy…
Even as school is in session, RPA is enrolling for all grades. Once our maximum class/grade enrollment for 25 has been reached, additional scholars for that grade will be placed on a waiting list. We encourage interested families to contact RPA as soon as possible.
Renaissance Public Academy is a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit … E.I.N. 27-1756201
Your donation assists in our providing everything from classroom needs and curriculum materials to updating textbooks and technology. It aides us in providing unique field trips and educational experiences for our scholars. Your generous donation is essential to continuing our building of an excellent educational experience for young scholars.
Any donation will be greatly appreciated and is tax deductible.
“Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education”
– Martin Luther King, Jr.
RPA is the only Oregon public charter school registered with the NJCL! Through the work of Mr. Murtaugh (our Latin teacher) RPA is now a member of National Junior Classical League. This is a great opportunity for our high school students. Any questions about this partnership may be directed to Mr. Murtaugh.
We also have a Latin Club meeting weekly at lunchtime.